“Thanks to Fastroi Real-Time Care™ home care, the creation of work statistics is faster, work is distributed more evenly among the employees and, most of all, the employees have more time for customer work at the customer’s home.”
– Sari Korhonen, City of Kuopio
City of Kuopio
The home care unit of the City of Kuopio wanted to adopt a mobile ERP system as a technological solution for developing and improving the quality of its operations. The goal was to achieve functional changes, improve the efficiency of work and make the work done in home care more visible. Furthermore, the unit wanted to distribute the workload more evenly among employees.
The requirement was to procure a good and continuously developing system that has real-time search capabilities for customer data and that can manage employee work shifts and work assignments. The city’s choice was Fastroi Real-Time Care™ ERP system for home care.
The entire staff—management and nurses together—were involved with the deployment right from the start. This enabled the staff to have an influence on the deployment project, as well as the software itself and its use.
– We also understood the importance of giving end users an opportunity to express their views in the various stages of the process, says Sari Korhonen, Project Manager at the City of Kuopio.
As home care employees use the software on a daily basis, they are the ones who have provided the best development ideas, says Korhonen. According to Korhonen, mobile devices were an alien concept in the home care sector in the past. Because the staff were included in the process from the very start, they feel more comfortable as they start using new technology.
– At the beginning of the deployment project, we held two workshops with some of the staff in the pilot area, as well as the union representatives, system suppliers and some of the management team. The purpose of the workshops was to have the suppliers, management and staff voice their opinions. In the workshops, we processed questions and concerns of the staff..
According to Korhonen, the employees initially had some reservations about the Fastroi Real-Time Care™ home care system.
– However, now that the software has been in use for several years, no one wants to be without it. Thanks to Fastroi Real-Time Care™ home care, the creation of work statistics is faster, work is distributed more evenly among employees and most of all, the employees have more time for customer work at the customer’s home, Korhonen says.
Time spent on office work has been reduced in home care, thanks to the mobile application, workers no longer need to queue up to record customer data at the office. Fastroi Real-Time Care™ home care has also brought benefits for third parties. Companies that provide grocery shopping services to the home care organisation receive the customer’s shopping lists directly by email. The service provider no longer needs to visit the home care unit’s office to collect customers’ shopping lists.
Since a lot of people have been involved in the project, each person’s role had to be carefully planned to keep the project functioning as a whole. Fastroi Real-Time Care™ home care was piloted in early 2012 in one of the home care areas in Kuopio. Based on the experiences and information obtained in the pilot project, Fastroi Real-Time Care® was extended to cover the entire home care area of the city.
In 2016, there were approximately 400 users and 1,500 customers. Fastroi Real-Time Care™ home care has helped the organisation to succeed in the development of its operations and has also produced the reports needed to supervise and develop work even further.
Korhonen says that collaboration with Fastroi has been “open, active and easy”.
– We are very happy to use and develop an ERP system in the home care environment, concludes Korhonen.